Thank you to all the parents, students and teachers who came to the BBQ and Open House!
Ruth M. Buck
School Community Council BBQ And Open House
Teachers and staff look forward to meeting you
and celebrating the start of a new school year.
Date: Wednesday, September 10th
Open House: 6:15 pm-7:15 pm
In order to minimize the line-up at the BBQ we ask that each family pre-order their meals. Please complete the order form below and return to the school, along with payment, by Monday, September 8th.
Have a fantastic summer break!
First day of school isTuesday, September 2nd.
2014-2015 School Supplies List is attached.
Ruth M. Buck
School Community Council (SCC)
Annual General Meeting
Date: Tuesday, May 27th
Time: 7 pm
Location: Ruth M. Buck Staff Room
All parents/guardians are welcome and encouraged to attend.
Hope to see you there!
Congratulations on your retirement!
This school is sure going to miss you!!
Saskatchewan Education Week
"Supporting and Celebrating Success"
We had a wonderful week of "Supporting and Celebration Success" this year! Some of our activities included: Drop Everything and Draw; Drop Everything and Write; Drop Everything and Share; Drop Everything and Play Math Games: and Drop Everything and Dance.
In order to celebrate the success of all students, we have built a"Success Tree". Be sure stop by have a look at our "Tree" in the main hallway.
LUNCHROOM SUPERVISOR NEEDED
Are you are interested in supervising a lunchroom everyday or a few days a week? This is a paid position for the remainder of the school year.
Please contact the school at (306) 791-8556 if you are interested.
Campbell's Labels for Education™ is a school support program whereby registered schools or institutions collect labels from Campbell product labels and redeem them for educational resources ranging from sports equipment and musical instruments to video equipment and computers.
Here are the list of products that are accepted:
A bin for the labels is located across from the main office at the front of the school.
Thank you for your support!
The TCBY canteen is open everyday from 11:45 - 12:00 in Room 11 (Mrs. Sitter's Room)
The Buck Band Program thanks you for your support!
It is important to make reading aloud to your child part of your daily routine. Set aside a regular time every day, find a comfortable place without any distractions, and choose something interesting to read together.
Things to do before reading
· Encourage your child to select the book from a pile of well-known titles.
· Familiarize yourself with the book as this will make you a better storyteller. Take time to look over the book before you share it with your child.
· Settle your child down and talk a little about the book. For example, you might say, “This story looks as if it’s going to be funny.”
· Browse through the book so your child becomes familiar with books and how they are handled, for example, holding the book the right way, turning the pages.
Things to do when reading
· Read clearly. Make the story interesting by exaggerating expressions for different character voices and sounds. The more dramatic the better. You may want to add simple props so your child can identify with different characters or act out parts of the story.
· Hold the book so your child can see the pictures and writing.
· Sometimes, let your child hold the book and turn the pages.
· Draw attention to the pictures.
· Sometimes, point to the words as you read.
· Ask and answer questions as needed.
· Encourage your child to join in and read too. Invite your child to describe pictures, “read” pages, or join in with words that are repeated.
· Accept and praise your child’s attempts to read.
Things to do after reading
· Talk about the characters and events in the book.
· Help your child tell the story from the pictures.
Keep in mind that your child’s reading level and listening level are different. When you read easy books, your child will soon be joining in with you. When you read more advanced books, you instil a love of stories and build the motivation that encourages children to become lifelong readers.